Friday, December 23, 2005

McDonalds: The free market health regulations

So, I went to McDonalds tonight, and realized there was no-one there. Maybe it's because people were giving up on it, maybe because it was raining. Or maybe: the free market is doing better than we ever hoped for.

Think about it. McDonalds lowers your life expectancy. Therefore, it is not unreasonable to assume that McDonalds is facing lower sales simply because too many of its customers are dying off as a result of their diets. Or perhaps they've gotten so fat they're now in a vegetative state and are physically incapable of getting themself to the place. All this time I've been thinking that maybe we do need to do something about excessively fatty foods and then realized there was no need. McDonalds can self-regulate because it is killing off its customer base otherwise.

No more need for health regulations. Why should the Government close me down if I'm say, selling poisoned milkshakes? How am I supposed to get customer loyalty if it is impossible for them to return? Not to mention the whole "word of mouth" regulation... but I love the Darwinian simplicity of this method.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had sex with Big Mac once.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a thing for Scotsmen?

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home